I enjoy drinking this for breakfast. I usually make it for one and put in a full scoop of my favorite protein powder into it.
Ready in: 5 minutes
From: Curry Girls Kitchen via Dr. Dyman’s Website
We’re going to be featuring brain boosting recipes for the rest of the year into January, in honor
of my new docuseries, Broken Brain. I know it’s pretty cold out, but I still enjoy a good smoothie
even in the winter. This brain boosting smoothie comes from my friends at Curry Girls Kitchen.
It’s got fats, phytonutrients, spices, protein—all the good stuff!
- 1 1/2 cups frozen wild blueberries or your favorite berry or berry combination
- 1 cup coconut water or regular water for low-sugar option
- 1⁄2 – 1 cup hazelnut or almond milk
- 2 – 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter/mana or coconut oil, or MCT oil/Brain Octane
- 2 – 3 kale leaves stem removed (or handful spinach/ watercress)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- Optional: 1 scoop collagen powder
Step 1: Add all ingredients into a blender. Blend for 1 minute and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis (with water, not coconut water): calories 219 • fat 11g • sodium 133 mg •
carbohydrate 21g • protein 11g • fiber 11g